Monday, March 22, 2010

Target

Welcome back! We had a great vacation and some super fun play time in the snow and at Disneyland. Sad for it to end, but glad to be back in a routine. I was bummed to miss out on some great shopping trips last week so wast extra eager to get my papers on Sunday and look for those great deals this week.

My first super EXCITING deal was at Target. In their add they had several Hasbro games on sale for $7 one of which was Connect 4. My son loves this game and ours broke a few months ago, so he's been asking for a new one. This was so exciting because I had a $4 off manufacturer coupon which would make it $3 after the sale and coupon. BUT WAIT, I remembered 2 weeks ago Target send out a booklet of Target Coupons and in it was a $3 off Hasbro game and Connect 4 was listed on the coupon. So that meant, I could get the game for FREE!!!!!

I organized my coupons (I had 2 sets which meant I could get 2 games for FREE) and headed to the store. I picked up 2 Connect 4 games (which by the way weren't marked as on sale it still said $14.99, but I knew better from looking through their add) and headed to the register. I looked for the 2 cashiers I normally like to use at Target and didn't see either one so got in line with the only available cashier. She rang up my total at $15 something. I handed her my 4 coupons and she scanned 2 of them and then said, you can't use 2 coupons on 1 item. I kindly responded by explaining one was a manf. coupon and the other a Target coupon and that their coupon policy stated I could stack a manf. coupon and a store coupon on 1 item. She visibly got irritated with me and told me NO. I nicely explained the same thing again and that's when she called over her "manager" he told me the same thing, which I again stated what THEIR coupon policy was. I knew this because I had a copy of it with me in my coupon binder!! So he said well scan the coupon and see what the register says, and it said nothing! Which means, the coupons worked. If a coupon isn't correct, the register will beep at you, almost always the register never lies. My heart was beating so fast during the whole thing, but I remained calm, stood my ground because I had done my research and knew what I was allowed to do in their store and if paid off. My total cost for 2 games which would have been over $30 after tax ended up costing me $.29!!!! WOOOHOOOO!! I was so proud of myself and so frustrated at the same time, but I kept my cool and maybe she will remember next time what her company policy is for stacking coupons.

Moral of the story, remain calm, do your research ahead of time on what the store coupon policies are, and stand your ground if you know you are right!!

No comments:

Post a Comment