Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Time Saver Tuesday!

I thought it would be fun to start a weekly feature. I'm all about saving money and time in everything I do. Shortcuts are GREAT! So "Time Saver Tuesday" will be a new feature each week.

Working full time on top of being a mother and maintaining a home can get very hectic at times. Those tasks that get tossed on the back burner when life gets hectic are important but there's not any time for them. One of those "little tasks" is plucking my eyebrows. I know right, how silly? I'm one of those few people who still plucks my eyebrows instead of waxing. I've had them waxed a few times and HATED it, so I still pluck!

Anyway, if I were to keep them on the back burner until I had the time, I'd look like Chewbacca. Ideally if the world were perfect, I'd have a quiet afternoon to sit around and pluck my eyebrows every week without any interruptions, perfect lighting, and fabulous tweezers. HA! Wouldn't that be wonderful! Since I don't have that luxury and I assume most of you don't either, I had to figure out an alternate plan.

I am an itinerant teacher and throughout my week I go to 11 different schools. Since I drive all over town, sometimes I have a few quiet moments in my car before I head into my next class. One day last year I was looking in my car mirror and noticed how "bushy" my eyebrows were and wished I had some tweezers to fix my 'hairy' problem. The next day I stuck my tweezers in my purse just in case I had time. Sure enough I had about 5 minutes before class so I pulled out my tweezers and plucked away. I noticed it was the perfect lighting with the sun shining through my window right onto my face for finding those hard to find hairs. I ended up heading into class that day a little less hairy and I had 5 minutes of "pampering" myself uninterrupted.

Time Saver Tip: Keep a pair of tweezers in your purse so the next time you find yourself feeling a bit 'hairy' you can pluck those stray hairs away while waiting in the car.

Leave a comment and tell me what your time saver tips are!

No comments:

Post a Comment