Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Time Saver Tuesday

I'm a little late in posting today, been super busy preparing for our kids combined birthday party this weekend. Our time saver tip for today is menu planning. I plan out dinner menu for a month at a time. At the beginning of each month I sit down with my calendar and menu planner to write out a daily menu for the entire month.

I use a weekly menu planner and keep it posted under my calendar on the fridge. I write down a daily dinner with any special details included. If I plan to have "leftovers" I write, "Choice Night" on that day. Also my husband likes to cook and has offered to cook 1 meal a week, so on Thursdays I write, "Daddy's choice."

You may think its crazy to do a month at a time, but it is such a TIME SAVER! I don't have to think about what I'm going to fix for dinner each day. Not only does this help me prepare my shopping list, but it also gives me a great overview of our months schedule. Instead of figuring out what we our going to eat for dinner each day I can get some of the items prepped are ready the night before or the morning of. I've found this to be a HUGE TIME SAVER for our family.

Time Saver Tip: Plan a written menu weekly or monthly!

1 comment:

  1. I do a weekly menu... and it is the best thing! My whole week is off if I miss my menu planning/shopping day! I always make sure to plan at least 1 croc pot meal a week as well... and I try to put it on my busy day... so that when I get home, there is one less thing to worry about!

    ReplyDelete